The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) recommends that you should clean your air ducts once every 2 to 3 years. Some cleaning methods allow you to stretch the period between cleaning to between 2 and 5 years.
Experts recommend air duct cleaning be done every 2 to 3 years if you live in a dusty, dirty place. This short period between cleaning is recommended if you live with pets in a house, have household members who are extra sensitive to contaminants, or have a mold buildup.
Cleaning your air ducts yourself is not advisable, according to experts. Cleaning air ducts requires expertise, and it is not a do-it-yourself job. Improper cleaning of the vents could result in other problems that lead to expensive repairs and additional costs.
Another reason not to clean your air ducts is that it requires a state-of-the-art vacuum and rotary brushes that most people do not have at home.
Poorly done and unprofessional duct cleaning is a waste of money that can result in other costs.
So long as a professional company correctly does it, cleaning ducts is a significant benefit to your household members as it improves the quality of air flowing in your house. It makes your home clean and safe in that it reduces airborne irritants.
When an expert cleans your ducts, he checks them out for other potential problems, which is cost-saving and advantageous to you.
Before the duct cleaning experts arrive, here are a few things to look out for.
1. Find out from the technicians how much space they require around the furnace and air conditioner and register and ensure you clear the area. Do not wait until the professionals arrive to clear the debris and dirt around such places. Clean out all such spaces in other rooms that the technicians will use.
2. Determine where your pets will be during the cleaning process. It is advisable to take them away someplace, so they are not in the way or get hurt. If it is not possible to take them away, have one room cleaned first and let them stay there as the rest of the house gets cleaned. Inform the technician about your pets to consider their presence in the home as he scours the ducts.
3. Duct cleaning is a slightly noisy process that can affect those with sensitive ears, like children. Decide beforehand if the family will be home and let the air duct cleaning company know your decision.
4. When the technician arrives on the cleaning day, take him around the house first thing so that you point out registers and vents you expect cleaned. The technician, being an expert, might even point out some points you may have missed.
5. Ask a lot of questions. Do not hesitate to clarify anything with the technician, particularly concerning the ductwork and HVAC system. Since duct cleaning is a service you pay for, ensure you get all the answers you need regarding everything to do with the process before and on the morning when the process commences.
6. Please research in advance and ensure your professional air duct cleaning company is truly skilled and trained as per their promise. An experienced company will have a solid name for excellent service and technicians who follow National Air Duct Cleaner Association (NADCA) recommended best practices.
When the technician comes to clean your air ducts, turn off your AC during cleaning.
1. Ensure the area around your vents is free of furniture and clutter.
2. The process should not be long, but it depends on the size of your building. On average, it should take about four hours.
3. The process is not overly noisy. The air duct cleaning equipment sounds like a vacuum cleaner turned on in your house so you can be ready for that much noise.
4. It should not disrupt you if you choose to stay while the cleaning continues.
5. There are various methods of cleaning out your ductwork, and the specific method chosen to clean your house will depend on your chosen company. Be sure to ask the technician about this.
6. If there was an odor in your house and the source is the ducts, you can expect the bad smell to be gone after cleaning your ducts.
7. Cleaning your ducts will involve changing the air filter. Check it out after a few days to ensure it is not soiling too fast. This is a sure way to determine that the technician did an excellent job cleaning your air ducts.
Duct cleaning makes your house less dusty because you remove all the dirt and debris accumulated in the ductwork. Dusting dusty surfaces in your home does not eliminate the dust problem if it has accumulated in the ductwork. Cleaning the vents certainly removes accumulated dust, typically dust in many homes.
It depends on the size of your house. For large commercial buildings, it could take more than a day. For a small residential unit, it could take less than an hour. On average, cleaning the air ducts in a standard building takes two to three hours.
Air duct sanitizing is an advanced step that makes the air in your house safe for everyone. It removes mold spores and some viruses, microbes, germs and bacteria from the air circulating in your home.
It is worth it because contaminated air is unsafe for household members, particularly those who may have allergies. Clean air is ideal for everyone.
Dirty air ducts can cause several health problems. They could cause some household members to develop respiratory issues and sinus problems. Dirty ducts also worsen problems such as asthma, pulmonary conditions and allergies.
In addition, dirty ducts are expensive to maintain. They reduce the lifespan of your air conditioner by causing it to work too hard to condition the air, unlike if it were clean.
Are you still looking for a duct cleaning service in Dallas, TX? We suggest you try The Duct Kings services in Dallas.
We offer comprehensive services that are unmatched in our area of operation. Contact us today or call us at (214) 624-6232 and let our experts advise you.